Free Student Matinees
Online Registration for the 2016-17 Season
Meany Center offers free student matinees for thousands of 3rd-12th grade students, showcasing an exciting array of modern dance and world music at Meany Hall. With 50% of seats reserved for students from low-income or underserved schools, our matinees open Meany Hall to students who may not otherwise have the opportunity to attend a traditional performance. Registration is required.
Registration opens at 9am on Wednesday, June 1, 2016.
Student matinees for the 2016-2017 Season:
Step Afrika! *
Friday, February 17, 2017, 11:30am
La Compagnie Hervé Koubi
Friday, April 14, 2017, 11:30am
All student matinees take place at Meany Hall. Seating begins 40 minutes prior at 10:50am. The performances last approximately one hour.
* Performances marked with an asterisk have reached capacity. You may still register for them as your first choice, but you will be placed on the waiting list. We expect there to be some cancellations between now and the date of each performance. You will be notified if space becomes available soon enough.
What information do I need to prepare for registration?
• School or group name, address and contact information
• Group leader’s name and contact information
• Your group’s top three performance choices
• The number of seats you desire (including teachers and chaperones as well as students)
• Transportation method
• Special audience member needs (wheelchair, service dog, etc.)
Generally, no children under five are permitted. Performances are open to grades 3-12. However, special considerations may sometimes be made for younger students, grades K-2, upon request. Such requests will be subject to availability of space, as well as the nature and content of the performance. Due to high demand, each group may reserve only one performance. Group size is limited to 15 minimum and 110 maximum. Teachers are responsible for bringing an appropriate number of chaperones to actively monitor your group.