You are here
Meany Center is making changes to the live performance experience for the safety of artists, audiences and staff. We have designed our plans with the input of the UW Environmental Health and Safety Department. The information below is provided to help you make the decision that is best for you about attending our events.
These policies and protocols will be in place for Meany Center Visiting Artist events through at least December 31, 2021 and will be updated as needed to address evolving public health guidelines.
MASKING & PROOF OF VACCINATION (OR NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST) REQUIRED
Meany Center requires proof of vaccination for entry to all performances in Meany Hall. Individuals unable to be fully vaccinated, including children under 12 and people with a medical or religious exemption, must have proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test (taken within 72 hours of the performance). Meany staff will check for proof of vaccination and negative COVID-19 PCR tests at the doors as a condition of entry. Additionally, masking is required inside the venue. Eating or drinking will not be permitted inside Meany Hall.
The University of Washington requires all visitors to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and requires that event attendees must stay home if symptomatic or if instructed to isolate or quarantine by a public health professional, regardless of vaccination status.
Individuals who do not comply with venue policies will not be admitted.
A patron vaccinated against COVID-19 by a two-dose CDC or WHO authorized mRNA vaccine (such as Moderna and Pfizer), or a single dose vaccine (such as Johnson & Johnson), is considered “fully vaccinated” two weeks after the final dose of vaccine (the second dose for a two-dose regimen, or the single dose for a single-dose regimen). Documentation of vaccination status must be shown upon entry to the venue and made available upon request at any time.
The following are acceptable as proof of full vaccination:
- Vaccination card (which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided and date last dose administered), or a photo of the vaccine card
- Documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider electronic health record
- State Immunization Information System record
- For an individual who was vaccinated outside of the United States, a reasonable equivalent of any of the above.
Self-reported vaccination records that are not verified by a health care provider cannot be accepted; University of Washington Husky identification cards are also not acceptable as proof of vaccination.
Patrons unable to be vaccinated, including children under 12 and people with a medical or religious exemption, will be required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours prior to the performance.
The following are acceptable as proof of a negative COVID-19 test result:
- Printed document (from the test provider or laboratory) OR
- An email or text message displayed on a phone or electronic device from the test provider or laboratory.
- The information provided should include name of person tested, type of test performed, and date of negative test result (date of negative PCR test result must be within prior 72 hours).
Antigen tests cannot be accepted. Self-reported negative test results that are not from a test provider, a laboratory, or a health care provider cannot be accepted.
MASKS REQUIRED INDOORS AT ALL TIMES
A mask or other suitable face covering that covers the nose and mouth must be worn at all times while inside Meany Hall regardless of vaccination status. The CDC recommends the following when choosing a mask:
- Has two or more layers of washable, breathable fabric
- Completely covers your nose and mouth
- Fits snugly against the sides of your face and with no gaps
- Has a nose wire to prevent air from leaking out the top of the mask
- Do NOT wear a mask that has exhalation valves, vents, holes or is made of mesh fabric. Do NOT wear a face shield unless combined with a face covering. These options allow virus particles to escape.
For more detailed information, please see the UW Face Covering Requirements
Meany Center events are planned at full capacity. Renewing Full Series subscribers will receive their same subscription seats. Patrons who prefer socially distanced seating should contact the ArtsUW Ticket Office.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- Events will be performed without intermissions to reduce lobby congestion.
- Food and beverage service will not be available through December 31, 2021.
- Will Call options will be limited. In addition to standard tickets, PDF tickets are now available and can be shown on your phone or printed out at home.
- To reduce transaction points, we have instituted touchless ticket scanning at the door.
- High touch surfaces will be cleaned/disinfected during the event. Our venues are cleaned daily by building custodians.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout our venues.
- Meany Hall’s HVAC filters are rated MERV 13, and our system is supplied by 2 fans with fresh air return of between 30-70%, well over recommended levels.
- All event staff at Meany Hall are fully vaccinated and will be masked.
You will receive up-to-date COVID-19 safety policies in your emailed Upcoming Performance Reminder approximately 48 hours in advance of the show. If you have not shared your email with Meany, please update your online account or contact the ArtsUW Ticket Office at 206-543-4880 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help with public health tracking efforts, Meany encourages all audiences to activate the Washington Exposure Notifications—WA Notify app.
OUR CARE COMMITMENT
If for any reason you do not feel comfortable attending a performance, please contact the ArtsUW Ticket Office to make alternate arrangements per our Customer Care Commitment. Many events will be available as a live stream to ticket holders.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 safety policies and procedures, or would like a better understanding of your experience attending a performance this fall, please check our Frequently Asked Questions, or contact the ArtsUW Ticket Office at 206-543-4880 or email@example.com.
Meany will be enforcing our COVID-19 safety policies per Meany Center’s Patron Code of Conduct.