You are here
Meany Center for the Performing Arts and its facilities are dedicated to the development and presentation of the performing arts and to serving as an auditorium for the University of Washington. We have adopted this Patron Code of Conduct to ensure the comfort and protection of all who use Meany Center, and to support our commitment to maintaining a comprehensive event environment wherein patrons, performers, staff and volunteers are treated with respect and dignity.
Behavior that is disruptive, potentially harmful to others or distracts from the event will not be tolerated.
This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Disruptive behavior of any kind that interferes with the event or performance
- Use of cellphones, laptops or other electronic devices during the performance
- Ignoring requests from venue staff and security regarding facility operations and emergency response procedures
- Verbal or physical harassment, including abusive language and gestures, threats, cursing or sexual language directed at others
- Any form of discrimination or harassment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or veteran status
- The carrying of firearms or other dangerous weapons onto UW campus, unless specifically authorized by the University president or delegee
- Behavior that is in violation of government and University laws and regulations, including health and safety guidelines.
By purchasing a ticket or entering our environment, you agree to the tenets and policies of Meany Center’s Patron Code of Conduct. If you are found to be in violation of this Code of Conduct, you may be removed from the premises or prohibited from returning in the future by a designated staff member.