Patron Code of Conduct
By purchasing a ticket or entering our environment, you agree to the tenets and policies of Meany Center’s Patron Code of Conduct.
Admission of Children
- Children five years of age or older are welcome at all Meany Center performances. Children under five will not be admitted. A ticket is required for admission. Please contact the ArtsUW Ticket Office (206-543-4880) if you have questions about show content.
Cell Phones, Cameras and Other Electronic Devices
- Please turn off these devices before performances. Because of contractual obligations with our artists, the use of photographic recording equipment is prohibited. Flash cameras can be disruptive and dangerous to some artists.
- Smoking is not permitted on the University of Washington campus.
- Out of respect for the artists and seated patrons, late seating to Meany Center events may be limited. Late arrivals will be escorted into the theater at appropriate intervals, to be determined by the artists and theater personnel.
Food and Drink
- There are several food and drink options available at Meany Center events, including baguettes, small plates, baked goods, wine, beer, cocktails, coffee, espresso, juice and other non-alcoholic beverages. Food and beverages are not allowed in the auditorium. More information is available HERE.
- Disability seating with up to three companion seats per disability space is available for all Meany Center events. Reservations for disability seating must be made at the time of purchase. Please contact the ArtsUW Ticket Office at 206-543-4880 for specific seating options and availability, or for other access requests.
- In consideration of patrons with scent allergies, please refrain from wearing perfume, cologne or scented lotions to a performance.
Lobby Opening Time
- The lobby will open one hour prior to the performance.
- Earplugs are available from ushers. Booster cushions are available in the lobby.