You are here
Become a Friend of Meany Center
As we begin the 2020-2021 season, we have reimagined how to continue presenting the artists on our series while protecting their safety and yours. Our staff has been hard at work to make sure that, come this fall, the show WILL go on through our digital platform: Meany On Screen – including Feature Presentations and Creative Process Conversations and donor-only events with select artists. You will receive free access to all digital programming this fall, and much more.
Your faith in us has brought us this far and we hope you’ll stick with us through the rest of this unpredictable year. Just as our programming has moved from stage to screen, so have our donor benefits. We may not be able to offer you a glass of wine in our VIP lounge, but we have other, outstanding donor benefits that you can enjoy from the comfort and safety of your own home. The 2020-21 Donor Handbook outlines the many perks associated with your benefit level, so that you can be sure to take full advantage!
With your support, when this crisis passes— Meany will still be here for you, ready to host live performances and welcome you back with open arms.
We are thrilled to welcome you to the Meany family with an extra perk to show our appreciation. For first-time gifts of $25 or more, you will receive an invitation to one exclusive, online donor event this fall.
Become a Friend of Meany Center by making a gift online today, and enjoy the following benefits, with our deepest gratitude. Meany Center donor benefits compound to include those listed in previous levels.
GIVING LEVELS & DONOR BENEFITS
KEY PLAYER ($50 – $499)
• Season-long recognition on our online donor listing
• Subscription to Director's quarterly insider's Inner Circle e-newsletter
• Exclusive, early access to digital Meany On Screen online programming
PATRON ($500 – $999)
• Season-long access to participate in online donor events
DISTINGUISHED PATRON ($1,000 – $2,499)
• Exclusive behind-the-scenes artist invitations
EVENT SPONSOR ($2,500-$4,999)
Sponsorship of your event of choice, including:
• Two complimentary tickets to your sponsored event
• Event Sponsor recognition
• Membership in the UW President’s Circle
SERIES BENEFACTOR ($5,000-$9,999)
Membership in The Meany Society
Sponsorship of your Subscription Series, including:
• Four complimentary tickets to your Series event of choice
• Season-long Encore program Series Sponsor recognition
• Personal VIP Ticket Concierge
• Complimentary parking for your series subscription(s)
DIRECTOR'S CIRCLE ($10,000-$24,999)
• Season-long recognition for all series
• Recognition during curtain speech
• Opportunity to include Donor Profile on Meany Center's website
PRODUCER'S CIRCLE ($25,000 and above)
• Customized benefits package with personalized artist engagements
The Meany Society
The exclusive Meany Society was established to honor the profound generosity of our top-tier donor-investors who express their impassioned support by one or more of the following:
- Giving at the Series Benefactor level ($5,000+) and above
- Including Meany Center in their estate plans
- Founding a Meany Center Endowment
- Are members of the Meany Center Emeritus Board
Members of The Meany Society enjoy special benefits and opportunities, making their Meany experiences all the more enriching. Membership benefits include:
- Free parking for performances on your series subscription(s)
- Personal VIP Ticket Concierge service for ticket purchases and exchanges
- Four complimentary tickets to a performance of your choice
- Exclusive invitations for behind-the-scenes engagements with the visiting artists
How is my giving level determined?
Your household giving and benefits level is calculated based on the sum of your gifts made between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020, which meet the following criteria:
- Gifts made to the Friends of Meany Center Annual Fund
- Gifts made to the Meany Center Education and Outreach Fund
- Gifts made in sponsorship of a specified series, artist or event
- Gifts made to Meany Center Endowments
- Gifts of In-Kind contributions
- Gifts made in support of the Meany Center Stage Gala
- Matching gifts*
NOTE: Donation of returned or unused tickets (Ticket Donations) are not included in your household cumulative giving total.
*IRS guidelines state that gifts from a donor-advised fund (DAF) and matching gifts administered through a DAF are not eligible for benefits that carry a fair market value (FMV). Please consult your fund advisor or matching organization for more information.
What calendar does Meany Center use to recognize gifts?
Meany Center uses the University of Washington’s fiscal year to calculate giving and benefit levels and recognize gifts. The University’s fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30.
We recognize that our individual donors report their charitable giving on a calendar year for federal taxes. If you have any questions at all regarding your year-end charitable giving, please contact us – we are here to help!
What documentation should I use for tax reporting?
You will receive two forms of acknowledgement once your gift has been processed:
- Meany Center Letter of Acknowledgement
- University of Washington Letter of Receipt from the Office of Gift Services
For tax reporting purposes, please use ONLY the Letter of Receipt from the University of Washington Gift Services.
Do I get tax credit for my ticket donations even though they are not included in my cumulative giving?
Yes, absolutely! You will receive both forms of acknowledgement listed above after you have made your ticket donation. For tax reporting purposes, please use ONLY the Letter of Receipt from the University of Washington Gift Services.
How can I determine if my company has a matching gift program?
You can look up your employer using the online UW Matching Company Form located here: www.washington.edu/giving/how-to-give/matching-gifts
If you do not see your company listed, don't despair. They may still offer a matching gift benefit. Contact your Human Resources department to find out more.
What should I do if I want to request a matching gift through my employer but Meany Center is not listed as an option?
Meany Center for the Performing Arts is an independent organization within the University of Washington. You may direct the matching gift to the University of Washington Foundation (501c3) with clear notation the match is intended for Meany Center for the Performing Arts.
The UW Foundation Tax ID is 94-3079432.
Am I able to set up a monthly or recurring gift?
Yes, absolutely! Meany Center is grateful for our evergreen and sustaining donors. You may make a monthly gift of any size and for any duration. Please see the Monthly Giving information in our Ways to Give section or contact Erin Candee at email@example.com or 206.685.2819.
Still have questions?
Please do not hesitate to contact us — we are here to help!