You are here
Here are FAQs about the Technical Requirements & Support for setting up your computer to watch Meany On Screen. Also included is a section of information about the Audience Experience & Accommodations for Meany On Screen.
Technical Requirements & Support
Meany On Screen uses two platforms: Vimeo for the Feature Performances and Creative Process Conversations; and Zoom for interactive events like the invited receptions, invited watch parties and other social events.
- Vimeo works best through your web browser. To view one of our Vimeo videos, click the Watch Now button. You'll be sent to a page containing the video and any additional information about the performance. Enter your email address and click the play button in the Vimeo video. (We will only use your email address to keep track of how many people watch our digital content and keep you informed of future events at Meany Center). You do not need to have a Vimeo account to view our content on your computer or wireless device. Depending on how you chose to access the content on your TV, you may need to sign up for a free account. Here's more information about using Vimeo.
- For Zoom, you have a few easy options for accessing the presentation. You can click the link in your confirmation email, or for a more reliable viewing experience, you can download Zoom onto your phone, tablet or computer and then click the links in your confirmation email. Signing up is free, but you’ll need to provide a few details! Here's more information about using Zoom.
Are there minimum or recommended system requirements or preferred web browsers, especially if my computer is older?
Yes! Preview this video on Vimeo. If this link works, you'll be set up to watch the Feature Performances and Creative Process Conversations.
The best way to test Zoom is to schedule a practice Zoom call with a friend in advance. On the day of the event, you can ensure that Zoom is working properly by testing the link 30 minutes in advance, or join our virtual lobby 15 minutes before showtime.
Yes! For information on how to use different components and streaming players like SmartTVs, AppleTv and Roku, click here.
While we may be able to answer some simple technical questions in the week leading up to an event, we won’t be able to provide real-time support. You can email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to help before the event.
If technical difficulties are keeping you from viewing Meany On Screen, contact email@example.com for more information about recordings that may be available to view later for a limited time.
- Refresh your browser page, try using a different browser (like Chrome, Safari, Edge or Explorer), or clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
- Restart your router and/or your device.
- Disconnect any other devices connected to your network and disable all background applications currently running on your device to increase your connection speed.
- Try using a different network like another WiFi connection, 4G network or a hotspot.
- Leave and rejoin the Zoom event If you are having trouble with your sound or video.
You do not need a microphone or webcam to view the Vimeo videos of the Feature Performances or Creative Process Conversations.
For the interactive events on Zoom, a microphone and webcam will help you participate fully. (Using your phone or tablet may be an easy solution.) But even without these, you can still enjoy the Meany On Screen presentations.
Audience Experience & Accommodations
For Feature Performances or Creative Process Conversations on Vimeo, you can watch at whatever time works for you during the week the performance is available. For interactive events on Zoom, you can login up to 15 minutes before showtime and join our virtual lobby where you can check your audio and video before the event begins. You are also welcome to join the event any time, even after it has started.
Yes! Members of our Philanthropy and Audience Service departments look forward to chatting with you on Zoom and answering your questions.
RSVPs are required for the live Zoom events so we know who how many participants to expect. For invited subscriber and donor events, registration information will be in your invitation email.
For the Feature Performances and Creative Process Conversations on Vimeo, we ask that you enter your email address — we will only use it to keep track of how many people watch our digital content and keep you informed of future events at Meany Center.
- The Feature Performances and Creative Process Conversations will be available to watch on demand on the day and time the performance begins streaming via the Meany Center website.
- For interactive events on Zoom, we’ll send you an email with a link to the event a few days before showtime.
- Be sure to check your spam folder if these don’t appear in your inbox! If you still can’t locate your confirmation, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-543-4880 while our ArtsUW Box Office is open.
The Feature Performance and Creative Process Conversation videos on Vimeo will be available to watch via the Meany website on demand for one week from their premiere. Contact email@example.com for more information about recordings that may be available to view later for a limited time.
Meany Center is committed to equitable access to our performances online. Every Meany On Screen presentation will be captioned. ASL interpreting, auditory descriptions and written transcriptions are also available. To request these services or other accommodations at no additional cost, please contact the ArtsUW Ticket Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-543-4880. (Ten days notice is preferred.)
On Vimeo, the video is available to watch on demand, so starting and stopping is no problem while the video is available. Events on Zoom are in real time, so starting and stopping is not possible.
Contact email@example.com to make sure your information is up to date.
Each program is unique and lengths will vary, but most are between 30 and 60 minutes.