You are here
Meany Hall is located on the west edge of the University of Washington campus, just minutes from the NE 45th Street I-5 exit. Directions from I-5. Take the NE 45th Street exit. Proceed East on NE 45th Street. Turn right at 15th Ave NE and proceed South. Turn left at NE 41st Street, into the Central Parking Garage (CPG).
Directions to Meany Hall's Katharyn Alvord Gerlich Theater (formerly Meany Theater): Once inside the parking garage look for white and purple signs directing you to Meany Theater. Take the elevator to the main lobby of the theater.
Directions to Meany Hall's Studio Theatre: The Studio Theatre is located on the lower level of Meany Hall. If parking in the Central Parking Garage, the closest parking will be on level C1. Signage will direct you to the Studio Theatre which is accessible from the Southwest corner of that level. If coming from campus, look for the food trucks on the brick central plaza (Red Square). Directly behind the food trucks are stairs down through the sculpture garden. The Studio Theatre will be directly in front of you.
Directions to The ArtsUW Ticket Office: The Ticket Office is located at 1313 NE 41st Street, Seattle, WA 98105.
- The performances of Black Light will be at the Jones Playhouse located at 4045 University Way NE. (MAP)
- The performance of Jonathan Biss Celebrating Beethoven, Part 1: Redux will be in the Studio Theater, located on the lower level of Meany Hall. See directions above.
Limited paid parking is available in the Central Plaza Garage located underneath Meany Hall. There are also several surface lots and on-street parking within walking distance.
Subscriber Parking Discounts
Subscribers to Meany Center save $2 on pre-paid parking passes for the Central Plaza Garage when purchased in advance. Discounted permits may be purchased when ordering your subscription online or by contacting the ArtsUW Ticket Office at 206-543-4880. The deadline to order permits was September 16, 2019.
Subscriber pass holders have expedited access via the West Gate entrance (near NE 40th Street and 15th Avenue NE).
Over 60 bus routes serve the U-District, including many that drive on the campus itself or have stops within a few blocks of Meany Hall. The Link light rail station by Husky stadium is a 10-minute walk away. King County Metro's handy Trip Planner is a great tool for finding an easy route to campus.
Travel recommendations during a Husky football game
- I5 North and Southbound are the recommended routes to campus, though even these will be very slow in progressing once football egress is heavy.
- Vehicles should approach campus from the West when and if at all possible
- Vehicles should absolutely avoid the Montlake Blvd. exit from 520.
- Vehicles should avoid Montlake Blvd., NE Pacific Street, NE 45th Street anywhere east of campus
Questions About UW Parking and Transportation Options
Call 206-616-8710 or visit UW Transportation Services.